Thursday, March 10, 2011

Let's hear your stories!

When I discovered Zumba I was trying to start getting healthier. I have never been good at sticking to an exercise routine because I never found something I loved and so it was just work. I was ecstatic when I found Zumba! Not only is it good for my body but it is good for my mind and soul. I CRAVE Zumba. I need the beats, the moves, and the people. It has done wonders for me. I have religiously done Zumba now 2-5 times a week for a year and a half. I have lost 15 lbs, dropped my resting heart rate by about 20 bpm, lost some inches and toned up. I still have a long way to go but I LOVE ZUMBA!!

I have also made such amazing friends. Shelly was one of my first instructors and she encouraged me to certify and always made me feel welcome in her class. Pretty much any Zumba class I have gone to has given me an immediate feeling of acceptance. I have made some very close friends that give me motivation to strive to be better-and of course to go sweaty grocery shopping with.

I would love to hear any stories you have about what Zubma (my class or others) has done for you. Did it help you feel better after a crummy day? Has it helped you start a healthier lifestyle? Has it made you think about exercise differently? Let's hear it! I can't to see you tonight!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. So I'm a bit behind and forget to look at this sometimes. SORRY :(
    Anyways...I LOVE ZUMBA!!! I only discovered it last October...and it has done WONDERS for me...just ask Ryan!!! I have suffered from some CRAPPY depression the last couple years...and finding this and actually giving myself time for ME is doing GREAT things!! Not only have I lost weight...inches...and other issues...I've become SO excited...happy...and close to people I would've never met otherwise. I too have made GREAT friends that I look forward to seeing each week...and I am a WRECK if I don't go to class.
    Shelly is an AMAZING instructor...woman...friend...and example. She welcomes EVERYONE and is up for suggestions or questions all the time. But you Charlotte...you are just as amazing!!! You have a love and excitement that is indescribable!!! You make people feel amazing and you make them feel loved!! You give me the energy I need and the encouragement to keep going!!! Thank you for being such a great person and friend...you are a GREAT Zumba instructor...and I hope to be like you one day ;)
    P.S...on my crappy, crummy days...Zumba cheers me up and makes me smile!! Makes me forget how naughty my kids were...or how much money we DON'T have...or how bad I think things are...and YOU help with that...so thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becki-I love hearing your story. I think it's so important to make sure that each of us can be happy. That way we can be more successful in every other facet of our lives. I'm glad you have found a passion that brings you so much joy. I look forward to seeing you every Wednesday and Thursday. You make me laugh and help keep me on target when I forget what I'm doing. Thank you for supporting me and being a great friend. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete