Thursday, February 10, 2011

Growth of my Zumba-family

We had 38 people tonight. It just made me so, so happy to see all those beautiful faces! There were new and familar people in the crowd. I love the variety of people that we have coming. Our Zumba family is as diverse as it is awesome!! I have a lot of people who have been asking me about teaching twice a week. I would love to but I am trying to see if I can find a different venue where I could teach in the evening. I would probably charge to teach twice a week or so just because of the time and money that goes into trying to prepare and teach a successful class. How do you guys feel about that?
I have the opportunity to teach a morning class in a local kung-fu studio. I am NOT a morning person but if it is all we can get I would go for it. The class would have to be at like 6 or 6:30 am because I have a normal 9-5 job. I prefer evening classes but I'm just curious about how much interest is out there.
I just have to let you guys know how much I appreciate you. Because of your love for Zumba, your willingness to share the word and bring your friends, we have grown from a class of 2 to a class of 40. THANK YOU! I absolutely LOVE Zumba. I love the attitude, love, and energy that it brings to anyone who hears the music and feels the moves. Thank you for indulging my passion and encouraging me on even when I forget the moves. LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Charlotte...you're AWESOME!!! I love Zumba too...and I love your energy...even when you're not feeling the best!!! I couldn't believe the different people there tonight...so fun!!! I think you should charge if you're going to do a couple classes...and morning classes would be fun. As much as it SUCKS to get up early...it makes the day that much better. So I think it's a great idea for you!!! I just signed up to do the instructor class in April...so then I'll have to get more pointers from you!!! You're AWESOME!!! And I love you and your energy...love...and passion for Zumba!! You inspire me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started coming in December and I liked it so much I went and bought a Rec Center Pass. I think you're a great teacher, and if you do teach more than one lesson a week you should definitely charge (I'm a piano teacher so I know about the time commitment). I would be a little sad though, because I know I couldn't justify spending more money to my husband when I already bought a rec center pass and I could just go there for a class. I think you would lose some people, but I was willing to pay before I spent the money, and I'm sure plenty of others are too. Maybe you could have a quick poll by the door as we come in the next few weeks and ask how many times everyone been and if they would be willing to come twice and pay. That way you know you're not taking a risk by paying the studio when you're not sure how many people will come. Anyway, just a thought. Thanks for all your time and energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be willing to pay, but morning's are a no go for me. Loved your playlist last night. You're great at getting our heart rates up quickly, then just maintaining. Love it!

    ReplyDelete