Thursday, February 3, 2011

First night in a gym-thoughts?


First off-we had 40 people there tonight!!!! It was freaking amazing!!!! It was our first night at 9:00 pm and in the new location (a gym!). I was worried we would lose some of our crew by moving to a later time, but we grew! We had 30 people last week and added 10 more tonight. I know that Zumba by nature is amazing and fun but I am very humbled and flattered that my class is growing so quickly. You guys give me a reason to listen to my playlist at work, watch the DVDs and dance with my 4 year old, and Zumba at every red light! I love watching people come back week after week, share it with their friends, and honestly enjoying themselves while working toward a healthier them. Thank you for supporting me. Thank you for motivating me to try to and be a better instructor every time I party with you amazing people. You are my inspiration!!!


What did you think of 9pm? Will you want to move back to 8:30 when we have the chance or do you like it a little later? We'll feel it out over the next few weeks and see what we prefer.


Lastly, a little shout out here to the guys in my stake that bore the brunt of my wrath last week. I raised some serious h-e-double hockey stick let many people know that I was very dissatisfied at how ignored the physical needs of the women are in our stake. They worked out our current situation (gym, later time) and I'm grateful. There is NO way we could've stuffed tonight's class in the tiny little multi-purpose room. One of the members of the Stake athletic committee even told me they had a meeting where they specifically spoke about the needs of the women. He thanked me for offering this option to the women and asked about what other ideas I have for women to have physical outlets. I expressed the need for us to have not only a physical outlet but one that offers a social aspect, is fun, and relieves stress for us. He was very supportive and interested in my suggestions and our cause. I'm glad to know that my kicking and screaming has drawn some attention and is starting to yield positive results. You guys are my support and thank you for putting up with all of the craziness as we get established. I hope we can keep working through this and maybe even get a bigger gym (withOUT a carpeting stage!).


I LOVE ZUMBA!!!!! I hope you do too!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. It actually worked out better than I thought to be a little later. I thought last nights class was awesome, my sweatiest yet!! You are great Charlotte, thanks for working so hard to accomodate us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love shakin it with you so either time works for me. Whenever we can have a gym and hopefully a stage without carpet for you would be AWESOME!! You are amazing Charlotte and I so appreciate all the time and efforts you put in to be such a great teacher. Keep it up sista!

    ReplyDelete